Logo

2004 130hp gas in water then no spark

Armycane

Took boat out on the water for the first time last week, ran fine for 20 minutes up to full throttle after idle, then small increases in power. Ran boat for approximately 2 miles started to troll, slowly noticed gas in my wake. Continue to fish on trolling motor for a few hours then took boat back to lunch and started to sputter. Then I took it home a few hours later and put it on muff to run a 33%\66% mix of sea foam and gas through it (this worked to stop the gas leaking in the water in the past) 15 minutes into running the boat started to sputter, and the alarms went off. Would not start after this. Has good compression, good fuel, but no spark to any spark plug! Checked all the fuses and wires. All seem fine. Not sure where to go from here.

First, these bigger Honda's tend to overheat on muffs. Run it in a large trash can of water, constantly refreshing it with cool water.

I don't know much at all about the 130. But the first thing that comes to mind is to check the fuses. Don't just pull and look at them. Test continuity/resistence across the spades.

Pretty sure it didn’t overheat, new impeller, housing, gaskets etc in march… also block was cool to touch and so was the pee steam. Will put all new fuse in Monday I work all weekend

Pretty sure it didn’t overheat, new impeller, housing, gaskets etc in march… also block was cool to touch and so was the pee steam. Will put all new fuse in Monday I work all weekend
But I will keep the trash can thing in mind when I get it to run haha

Back