Logo

2003 Honda 130 ...buy or beware

If you start running YamaLube Ring Free through those engines for the next couple of tank fills, I suspect you would get even better compression.

Just curious I did a search and you seem pretty knowledgeable about this ring free. In your opinion, should I just start introducing it into the tank as per instructions or do I do a shock treatment with separate portable tank as I have read about also. I just purchased this boat and the old owner said he never used the ring free.

I have some info on how to save money, if you need a new head for one of these. I just replaced the head on mine last year. After cleaning it up and replacing the head I had 210psi across all four cylinders.

could you please let me know how you did repair? sorry if im repeating question, new the forum...

Ive got a 130 bzbe 1402356 with stalling issues

If you'd like a hand, maybe start a new thread and supply a LOT more detail? E.G. I've had it to 6 mechanics and it still stalls at wide open throttle, hard to keep running when cold, but OK when it warms up, hard to start, etc.

Don't be shy!

If you'd like a hand, maybe start a new thread and supply a LOT more detail? E.G. I've had it to 6 mechanics and it still stalls at wide open throttle, hard to keep running when cold, but OK when it warms up, hard to start, etc.

Don't be shy!

hello!! Thanks for the response. I was wondering if the OP ever got his figured out.

I service a few 130's What you want to look for......On the port side of the cylinder head you can see the head gasket between the head and the block......

How much of the gasket is pushed out from where it should be?

http://www.marineengine.com/boat-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8916&d=1399857136
Sorry to jump In here, but what is the significance of the gasket protruding. I just picked one up for dirt cheap with blown head gasket. I was either going to repair or just part out. It does have the gasket protruding.

Never seen a blown gasket on a 130 and I've seen a lot of them. More likely corrosion of cracked head.
I decided to start tearing it down and this is what i have so far. Head gasket was rusted through but I’m not sure if that is just a symptom of water damage from something else. Either way there is rust in the cylinders 2/3 and has left some deep pitting.

Never seen a blown gasket on a 130 and I've seen a lot of them. More likely corrosion of cracked head.
I decided to start tearing it down and this is what i have so far. Head gasket was rusted through but I’m not sure if that is just a symptom of water damage from something else. Either way there is rust in the cylinders 2/3 and has left some deep

Back