Logo

2003 F25C Slow to accelerate at WOT

karthur

Had this motor for several years and hasnt given me any troubles. Took the boat out today and when I went to WOT, it was like bogging down..... didnt want to go. Almost sounds like its not getting enough gas, like maybe filter was nearly clogged. I held the throttle open and the boat eventually picked up to normal top speed. It just took it about a minute of so to get there.

Stopped for a while and when then started it back up to go again and same thing..... didnt want to accelerate.

Motor starts fine, idles fine... just really slow to accelerate.

I had a old Mercury once that would not get up on plane and it was the diaghram in the fuel pump. I looked at some parts breakdown on this Yamaha and did not see a fuel pump diaghram, but maybe I missed it. Could this be the problem?

Any ideas on what to look for or where to start troubleshooting this? Is there any place to download a service manual for this motor?

Thanks

Last edited:
My motor is a F25EHSC (ele start). Btw, did find a parts breakdown on boats dot net. A new pump is $70 or just the diaghram is $40. Anyway to test the diaghram or complete pump to know before I spend the money? Dont mind spending it, but dont like to guess at what the problem is.

What els could cause the slow acceleration?

Back