Logo

2003 4stroke 60hp tiller

got2fsh

I am considering purchasing a

I am considering purchasing a 2003 4stroke 60hp tiller motor to replace my 60hp Yamaha 2stroke. Just curious if anyone has any opinions on this year and model. Have concerns about weight and performance for my 16ft alum. I've heard that 4strokes are slower and heavier.
Any idea the value of it? Want to know if am getting a good deal or not.

"Grant, 4 strokes are heavier

"Grant, 4 strokes are heavier and slower out of the hole than a 2 stroke.

More importantly they are way, way less forgiving of being ignored when it comes to maintenance.

Your 2 stroke will run for you most times no matter how much it is neglected, a 5 year old 4 stroke that has not, at minimum, had every bit of recommended maintenance done could be one step away from the junk yard.

Personally, the only way I would own a 4 stroke is either from "brand new" and then almost double the amount of maint listed in it's owners manual or find a used one that has "proof" that all the maintenance was done, plus was checked out by a tech, plus included a warranty from the place selling it - I would not buy a 4 stroke in a private sale unless they were practically giving the motor away as part of a packaged boat deal.

That's just my 2 cents..."

Back