Logo

2003 40hp 2 cycle

Exhaust is water cooled.----Have you tried a new impeller?----4 strokes are quieter and thus more popular.-----More expensive to own but that does not seem to matter.

Exhaust is water cooled.----Have you tried a new impeller?----4 strokes are quieter and thus more popular.-----More expensive to own but that does not seem to matter.
Have not tried anothre impeller. The water coolant stream is pretty heavy so at leaast the impeller seems to be functional. It looks like there may be three ports for exhaust gasses to escape. One high on the back side of the motor, another slotted port on the back about 8" below the upper port and then the exhaust through the prop. But that lower exhaust through the prop should be attenuated slightly by the water I would think but it sure is noisy.

bought a large hydro plane that extends rearward of the prop and thus the exhaust. Should improve erformance and if lucky, may attenuate the noise by deflecting it downward into the water. The bass will hear me coming before I even sttart it. Does this make/model evenhave a muffler assembly anywhere in the shaft unit?

Back