Logo

2002 tohatsu 25 hp tiller shifter handle extension

skloak

hello all
i am looking to figure out a way to extend my shifter further forward or even run it to the forward side of my bench seat in my g3 15 footer. i am currently considering a cable run to the front of the bench seat with a push pull motion in order to change gears. i currently have to climb all the way into the back of the boat with my current set up. this proves difficult when coming up to the dock or in rough bay conditions. any ideas out there would be much appreciated.
also a technical question.
ive been told by my dealer that hooking up the cable to the shifter arm requires very specific movement or the shifter will not go into gear properly, thus causing gear stripping/clutch problems in the future etc. it seems to me that it is a simple lever and when it is in it's in etc. can someone of more technical learning in the matter please confirm or negate the claims by my dealer. dont want to do any damage to my motor. thanks in advance for your knowledge in this situation, skloak.

Tohatsu/Nissan OB's are not identified by year, but rather model/serial. Do you have an M25C (single carb 2-stroke 2-cylinder), or MFS25A (triple carb 4-stroke 3-cylinder)?

If the former, order 3A1838801M SRC KIT;9.9B-18C,25,30, $172.32.
If the latter, order 3R0838800M R.C. FITTING PARTS ASSY, $45.61.
Add a standard Morse-cable control (or the Factory RC box).

Back