Logo

2002 Honda BF225, fuse ID?

rjhiler

I have an aging BF225, approx 1000 hrs, that shut down on me about 12 miles offshore. Turned out to be the #5 fuse on port side of motor near the starter. Can anyone tell me what the 6 fuses on my motor are protecting. I have the owners manual and the latest SELOC manual but can't find this information. I'm trying to determine what might have caused the fuse to blow. I replaced the fuse and it is running normally. Thanks in advance. RJ

Fuse information is attached. The only circuit protected by #5 fuse that would shut down the engine is the fuel cutoff solenoid. It's in the fuel line between the LP fuel filter and the VST.

BTW - that SELOC manual is next to worthless - too many errors and omissions.

Here is a link to a Helm Shop Manual online. It's in PDF format so you can save it to your computer. It's about 22 MBytes. You will need to fool around with the format before saving it.

Attachments

• Fuses.pdf
    272 KB · Views: 11
CHawk_man, Thank you for all this information. I think I can take it from here. I expect the fuse will blow again if I don't get to the cause. I love the trouble shooting diagram system in the manual. Thanks again. RJHiler

Fuse information is attached. The only circuit protected by #5 fuse that would shut down the engine is the fuel cutoff solenoid. It's in the fuel line between the LP fuel filter and the VST.

BTW - that SELOC manual is next to worthless - too many errors and omissions.

Here is a link to a Helm Shop Manual online. It's in PDF format so you can save it to your computer. It's about 22 MBytes. You will need to fool around with the format before saving it.

Hey CHawk_man, I just want to thank you again for the link to the Helm shop manual. It gave me everything I need to repair and maintain my old Honda 225. It has been on the back of my 88 Chris Craft SeaHawk for 20 years but only has 791 total hours.
You are so right about that worthless SELOC manual. I will throw it away.
Thanks again, RJ Hiler

Back