Logo

2002 Evinrude Ficht 115 Fuel Filter had tubes in the filter when removed.

chowdah

Hi. I bought this boat used two years ago. It had a 2002 Ficht 115 Evinrude (E115FPLSNF) with only 87 hours. Engine is in really nice shape. The boat had a fuel separator/filter before the engine and it wasn't until this season that I realized there's also a fuel filter on the engine itself. I got a new filter and when I removed the old one, there were two vinyl tubes in the filter and also couple of wires hanging down from the filter housing, so I'm assuming the wires were there to hold the tubes in place. My best guess is that the tubes were part of a water sensor. When I look up the part for the water sensor to see what it looks like they are saying it is discontinued, so what do I do with these tubes? Do I have to pull the sensor to put them back on? Seems like a pretty weird setup for a fuel system.

Does anybody have a picture of the water sensor I can see for reference?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I was able to answer my own question. Turns out the water sensor feeds directly into the fuel filter with a double tube that is held in place with wires. I found this pic of a used fuel filter housing (5001252) with the water sensor on ebay that shows the tube held in place with wires.
Evinrude fuel filter housing 5001252.jpeg
These wires are bent to hold the tube in place. On my engine they weren't.

I'm going to pull the sensor to make sure the tubes are seated properly and to bend the wires that hold them in place.

Back