Logo

2002 BF225 RPMs and Power dropping off under load

Great News! What a saga. Please do post your bottom line findings. You have been most forthcoming in attacking these issues and very detailed in your communications. I think many will benefit from this.

And now that you've learned all of this stuff, please stay active on the Forum and assist others.

Great News! What a saga. Please do post your bottom line findings. You have been most forthcoming in attacking these issues and very detailed in your communications. I think many will benefit from this.

And now that you've learned all of this stuff, please stay active on the Forum and assist others.

I'll check in a lot more often than I have been for sure. I'm limited in what I can help with though as my ONLY experience is with these BF225s that I have. I've never owned or worked on any other outboard engine. I'll do what I can to assist. My email is [email protected] and I won't mind if anyone who thinks my experience can help them emails me for help if I don't see their thread.

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. I've been waiting for you to get out amd test it. I had a feeling you got it this time. You pursued this with all the focus and tenacity of a big stakes bounty hunter!

Congratulations NW!

Ahhh, that's what the BIG fish R 4! ;>)

Took the boat out yesterday for "The Big Fish". The 7 footers convinced me to turn around when it was clear it wasn't going to lay down. I gave up on catching Tuna and we ended up fishing protected waters and put meat in the box. Good trip but no Tuna. The boat ran like a champ and that would have been enough to make the trip good for me even if we hadn't caught any fish. Thanks for all the help, suggestions, tips and motivation guys.

Back