Logo

2001 DF70 won't go over 3000rpm

copster

I have a df70 that I tore down and cleaned out all the water jackets. I replaced all of the gaskets and head gasket and put it all back together. The motor after putting back together has 140lbs compression on all cylinders. New plugs, vst gone through, throttle body cleaned and all electrical reinstalled. Now when I push the throttle it only will go to 3000rpm. I have tested the neutral safety switch in the throttle box and on the motor. After starting the motor I unplugged the NSS and still nothing.
I have no beeps or lights on the dash until I unplug and of the connectors on the ECU. I had someone attempt to hook it to the Suzuki computer and it would not even show that it was connected. All sensors have been tested for resistance and all check out.
Only thing that I can figure is the ECU has gone bad. Also I remember having either a white wire or grey wire that was connected to the battery at some point but not sure.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Some reading on the white wire.

Some reading on the white wire.
Thanks for the info. Very good article but after reading it I now know the white wire is not the culprit. I have no issues with starting, idling or trim.

Just wanted to update this post as I have fixed the problem.

I found that my timing was around 60 tdc. I may have turned the flywheel when I was moving the motor around when I was working on it. I found this by accident when I lined up my CAM marks and put the cover back on. I saw the alignment marks where way off. I then ran it at 1000 rpm and udes a timing light. It showed more than 40 tdc over. So I took off the belt and moved the Flywheel back to 10 tdc and wow... It worked. Thanks for the replys. I just wanted to get an update to help anyone else.

Back