Logo

2000 Johnson 90 horse

Durf1970

I am trying to replace my starter and my starter solenoid. However, I can’t find 1 video of how to remove it. My solenoid is under my starter and there are two mounting screws that are hard to get a wrench on holding the solenoid onto the starter. Does anyone know of a way to remover the starter and solenoid at the same time?

Sorry durf, I’m not much of a mechanic. I have an 00 Johnson 90. Is your motor a J90plsse? Have you had any oiling issues with vro system? Trying to diagnose an over oiling issue here.

Sorry durf, I’m not much of a mechanic. I have an 00 Johnson 90. Is your motor a J90plsse? Have you had any oiling issues with vro system? Trying to diagnose an over oiling issue here.
Actually I believe I do mvance70.. smokes quite a bit on start up. I recently changed my plugs and noticed more oil residue than there should be on them. I see a lot of ppl getting rid of the vro system all together. Tossing around the idea maybe in the off season. . I’m thinking my issue is bad thermostats. I pulled them out and 1 was stuck closed..

Back