Logo

2000 Johnson 60Hp NO SPARK help please

MooseMatt

Hi guys,

I recently bought a 60 Hp year 2000 Johnson 60horse, 3 cylinder. The guy that I bought it from seemed honest and said it ran very well but then after storing it for a year, he had a no spark condition. I am going to start with checking the ignition switch and go from there but any guidance would be greatly appreciated. He seemed to think it was a power pack issue but it just seems strange that something would run fine and then be toast after storage unless it's moisture related. Thanks in advance for any ideas you might have as they are all appreciated. I ordered the manual but it's going to be a bit in the mail. cheers

Thanks RaceRone. I don’t pick up the motor for another week and am planning to buy a decent starter battery for it so that should eliminate that and fingers crossed that perhaps his battery was just not upto snuff when he tried after storing it.

I know it’s early to post when I don’t even have the motor but have been excited to get it going and figured it wouldn’t hurt to get some input so thanks again and all ideas are always appreciated.

Back