Logo

2000 johnson 200hp losing speed and power

Javelin2000

Hey everyone, i have a 200hp johnson thats losing speed and power. Once i launch initially it will run almost normal but will only get up to 52-55mhp. Then once i go to make another run it will only run in the low 40s. I've replaced spark plugs, the power pack, fuel filter/pump, and gas lines. This motor ran strong when i first got it a year ago. Topped out at 62 mph. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.

Have you replaced the impeller ?----Checked for a sticky SHIFT SWITCH on the motor.-----Running with VRO in service or mixing at 50:1 in the tank.-----Post the compression test actual values.

I haven't replaced the impeller, although it shifts in to gear fine. Doesn't seem to be sticky to my knowledge. And it seems to be shooting a constant stream from the side as usual.

Check for a sticky SHIFT SWITCH on the motor.-----Post the compression numbers.----Do you have spark that jumps a gap of 7/16" on each lead , yes or no ?-----I can not see your motor or touch your motor.-----Information must be posted in order to find a path forward.

I understand you can't see or touch my motor. The lsst compression check was 90 on all cylinders. Im not certain on the spark. Mechanic didnt mention that. Where would the shift switch on the motor be located?

Back