Logo

2000 BF 130 Injector Issue

Honda BF 130

Hi all. I have been having an issue with my BF 130 running rough and stalling. I initially thought a tune up would solve things so I installed new plugs, changed the oil, new impeller, and new high and low side fuel filters. The filter set up appears to be the newer one so I believe that when it was in to have the block checked for cracks in 2002 that they also updated the fuel system.

After the tune up it was still running rough so I removed spark plug wires one at a time and upon removing #3 there was no change. I found out while standing waist deep in saltwater that I do have spark to #3, which is a good time in case anyone was wondering.

At this point I started looking into the injectors and the injector and port on #3 was fouled with oily gunk. I cleaned the port and flushed all of the injectors using some carb cleaner and a 9 volt battery to open the injectors. I put everything back together but nothing had changed. I swapped the previously fouled injector with one of the others which had been working but still no change. I read a post on here from 2010 which explained that with the ignition in the on position I should have voltage at the injector connectors which I do.

I have 12.4 volts at each connector to ground. What is confusing to me is that I have 12.4 volts on all 8 injector wires to ground, and I have continuity to ground on all 8 as well????:confused: I checked this with a true rms fluke meter

Despite this 3 of the 4 appear to be functioning properly.

The manual says I should have 11.1-12.3 ohms of resistance across the pins on the injector. I am reading 14 ohms across all 4 of them.

Should I be looking for a shorted wire in the harness between the injectors and the ECM? Should I be thinking bad ECM? Or is is possibly a compression issue?

I am planning on checking the #3 injector with a stethoscope to see if it is firing but first I have to replace the o-ring on the fuel rail as I damaged it during re-installation and it is now leaking.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Back