Logo

200 verado warning lights

bryane

Hello

Started out with vent SW Hi Stbd engine light on and after using it to see it it comes back on after draining the hose and float has many warnings maybe all related? Driver Power Lo Cntr engine-MPRLY output Cntr engine-ETC Sticking Cntr Engine-ETC Control Cntr Engine all saved. That's a bunch.

You may have a voltage problem. Old weak battery, New half charged battery, undersized battery, failing alt, Bad battery isolator, If your boat has power steering.....Bad power steering pump running down the batteries or the auto power switch.......

Even a bad connection on your clean power.

Just rigged the boat new clean power wiring- new batteries-battery cables-does not have power steering-rigged boat so that batteries run engine only-charges at 13.5 +- volts only out 3 times on it. Just replaced battery switch will check it by running it. Did you see my question about the fuel float and blower house on last question. Thank you for all the help and ideas of what to check

Just rigged the boat new clean power wiring- new batteries-battery cables-does not have power steering-rigged boat so that batteries run engine only-charges at 13.5 +- volts only out 3 times on it. Just replaced battery switch will check it by running it. Did you see my question about the fuel float and blower house on last question. Thank you for all the help and ideas of what to check

No I did not.

When you say you "Just rigged the boat" Does this mean that you installed new engines and rigging or you re-rigged the existing engines?

Do you have vessel view or smart craft gauges?

Are the fuel tanks hooked into the Vessel View/SmartCraft? This is an important question.

Hello Chris
new engine 20 hrs. So I purchased vessel view 4 plug an play basically. Fuel gage inop as of earlier as was not grounder to the battery bank for the one engine. Has 2 new batteries and switch. Tank was not grounded prior to this conversation will try later and see what happens. Thank you for all the help!

Hello Chris
new engine 20 hrs. So I purchased vessel view 4 plug an play basically. Fuel gage inop as of earlier as was not grounder to the battery bank for the one engine. Has 2 new batteries and switch. Tank was not grounded prior to this conversation will try later and see what happens. Thank you for all the help!

This is important........Do not ground the fuel tank to the 5volt reference ground. You can run a wire from the engine ground to ground the fuel tank sender. Hooking the 5 volt reference ground to the fuel tank sender will tie the 12 volt ground and the 5 volt reference ground together and cause all types of false error codes.

Hello Chris,

I just ran a wire from the tank ground to the battery ground block that has nothing attached other than the clean power ground. The two batteries I spoke of earlier run the engine and that is it because I read somewhere if there is avoltage the engine will go into limp mode.

Hello Chris,

I just ran a wire from the tank ground to the battery ground block that has nothing attached other than the clean power ground. The two batteries I spoke of earlier run the engine and that is it because I read somewhere if there is avoltage the engine will go into limp mode.

The ground you ran hooks to the negative of the sender? Just make sure you do not have the 5 volt reference ground hooked to the battery ground.

One battery per engine is what you should have. Not two.

Chris,
I have the clean power to the battery is that the 5 volt reference you are talking about? When I said 2 batteries I have them on a battery selector one to start and one as a back up or can be switched to all. Do you think I should remove 1 from the system? The sender had a single wire attachment. The tank had a flap where it was originally grounded so I grounded there then back to the battery the vesselview now shows the fuel level of the tank, so is that ok?
Bryan

image.jpgThis is the way I connected the fuel tank there was no black/orange wire on the pink/black wire in the kit.

How many wires in the fuel tank harness from the engine? 1 or 2?

Clean power is a 12 volt power connection.

The fuel sender works on the 5 volt system and is isolated from the 12 volt system as are the grounds.

One battery per engine. You can install an emergency start switch if needed.

Chris
One wire in the harness it is pink/black the ties into the engine harness from what I remember. The fuel tank was not grounded to anything. I grounded the tank to the 12v battery like it states on the picture above. If that is wrong where would I ground it without tapping into the harness.

Chris
sounds like I need to trace the pink/black wire back to where it plugs into the engine harness and find the black orange wire and ground it there. I will look this weekend before I try running it again.

You do not want to hook the black w/orange wire to the 12 volt ground. If the wire is not being used leave it disconnected. If it is connected to the fuel tank, disconnect it.

I don't believe it is hooked to anything and not sure it that wire exist in the harness. I will check and if the black orange wire is there I will remove the ground to the battery from the tank and run the black/orange to the tank as you said that is a 5volt system that only looks for a signal?

DO NOT GROUND THE TANK TO THE BLACK W/ORANGE 5VOLT REFERENCE GROUND. if your fuel tank harness has only one wire, just use the one wire.

The only reason I am asking about the way the fuel tank is hooked up is to make sure you did not use two wires on the sender to the engine. This will cause all types of issues and would explain some of your false engine codes.

I didn't, but I did remove the ground wire that went from tank to neg battery. Vessel records fuel level at this point. I looked for the for the black/orange wire and there isn't one that would go to the fuel tank. However that wire exist in the paddle wheel harness. ( I didn't nothing) with the ground I supplied as stated above removed fuel level shows 0. Where done the tank get the ground from?

Thank Bryan

Here is where you were not paying attention.
The tank must be grounded. The sender cannot be grounded to the 5VOLT Reference ground. The only reason I mentioned the ground on the 5volt reference system is because you have multiple engine codes.

5volt reverence system ground and 12volt ground must be separate.

Ok I understood that, I just thought I missed the wire in the harness and wanted to double check after you gave me all the information. Thanks for all the help!

Back