Logo

20 HP mercury outboard - Carb part #

Cay Sal

Hi all: I have a 20 HP 1999 mercury outboard, trying to source a new carb. The serial number (foil) is long gone and totally un readable. I have been round and round with multiple local parts and service providers trying to nail down the carb - or at best find one that could work. Does anyone know the difference between the 8888T19 - T19 through T21? Any guidance or experience would help -

Hi all: I have a 20 HP 1999 mercury outboard, trying to source a new carb. The serial number (foil) is long gone and totally un readable. I have been round and round with multiple local parts and service providers trying to nail down the carb - or at best find one that could work. Does anyone know the difference between the 8888T19 - T19 through T21? Any guidance or experience would help -
I'm sorry - 8889T19 - 8889T21

im located in Jupiter / Stuart area. I’ve thought about going to a 25 HP but still struggle to find the right parts for rebuild - without knowing the serial #

Won't consistently Idle, Sometime it does fine, others it isn't so good. I've rebuilt it and also had merc mechanic rebuild. Need choke at times when warmed up to start. Been through the fuel system.

Back