Logo

2 Chrysler 318bs desperately needed

nile

"I recently bought a real fixe

"I recently bought a real fixer-upper, a 1970 Burnscraft. All that is left in the engine compartment are two bell housings. The engines and outdrives are gone, and nobody knows where. There is a plate on the housing that says "Chrysler Marine Engines model # M440-BDL16-241, serial # E042063, Part # 6-23".

So! How do I go about getting replacements at a reasonable price? I would prefer used or rebuilt engines due to cost, but I can't find any anywhere.

Anyone have any suggestions??}"

"I got 2 Sittin in the boat ri

"I got 2 Sittin in the boat right now that run with 2 new carter AFB complete FWC in South Carolina Just did a compression check on both and all were at 125 all the way around well maintain but lookin for something else and some $$$,Also on Land at my house
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxnDEQIhhmY"

"Nile,
Im in a similar positi

"Nile,
Im in a similar position with my boat. difference is i have the motors but there shot. I decided to rebuild the chrysler 318's from long blocks. That was the most cost effective solution for me since i had all of the accessories. In your case you might be able to go to a chevy conversion as many people suggested to me at the start of my project but there is a real big cost assoicated to that. Might be cheaper to get another boat, that was also one of my options."

"Agree with Tony. Time to go w

"Agree with Tony. Time to go with commonly available motors, like big block Chevies. Lots of good, used 454s out there.

Jeff"

"Hey, Dan, I went to YouTube t

"Hey, Dan, I went to YouTube to look at the video of your engines running, and it says you removed it. If you don't have the outdrives, what are you using? Any idea on where to get outdrives?"

"The videos up there and I got

"The videos up there and I got v-drive transmissions I think what u want is a 300 outdrive .might have to ask the fellas about that the the left one needs a heatexchanger and exhaust manifolds,I have a new alternator and fuel pump.My Idea is to have the left one looking like the one in the video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVOpx5HawFA"

"Thanks, that clears up a lot.

"Thanks, that clears up a lot. It appears that our boat is set up so that there should be an engine, bell housing, transmission, through the transom to an outdrive, fore to aft. I'm new to boats, but have messed around with cars in my youth."

Back