Logo

1999 Mercury 200 EFI XL Bluewater SN#G946917 (ECU Options)

Diesel2020

Sorry in advance if this is already a topic but i'm new to this Forum and not sure where to look!

here is my issue...

I have a 1999 Mercury 200 EFI XL Bluewater SN (G946917) in the shop right now and my mechanic has isolated the problem and has let me know that the ECU is going bad. The direct OEM part number to replace the ECU is 824003T26. that said, Mercury has this listed as NLA on their website. and i'm sure i'm not to only guy looking for this on Ebay as they seem to not have any available from what i have learned. I have found that their are a couple options:

1. Send my original ECU to a repair shop (Simonperformancetechnology.com) to have them replace the drives (replace map if thats bad as well) this requires me to send them the ECU via mail and they will do repairs and call me for my CC information ($625 + $200 if they need to replace the map)

Or

2. Brucato Power has a direct plug and play to replace the factory ECU on Mecury EFI's from 88-2002. $1500 for the replacement.

I'm leaning towards the Brucato direct plug and play option as it will be a little quicker turnaround time. also if it for whatever reason wont solve my problem, i can return it.

then thinking about repairing my original ECU and selling it as their seems to be a demand for that and could probably help someone else in a similar situation!

let me know if anyone has experience with either option and what you might recommend!

Diesel2020, my question is how did your mechanic diagnose the ecm going bad? I'm just asking .are the symptoms or codes that motor is giving . They're known symptoms for a failing ecm? If so I'd like to hear what those are, for future reference. Thanks

Since poster used word "driver" it most likely the fuel driver board(common problem). This wont kick a code.

Back