Logo

1999 Johnson 25 E25TEESB

Turner88

I have a Johnson 25hp on a Lowe 1548. I am not getting great speed and am having a tough time getting on plane when loaded with a full hunt load. I have a cmc tilt and trim to help but am still making a wake similar to a wake board boat and only getting about 10-12 mph under a full load. When the boat is empty this is not as much of an issue as I am getting about 25. Would the 35 or 40 hp carburetor be a direct fit?

Stop-------What pitch is the prop ??-----Perhaps you need a lower pitch prop.------Post your compression values.------New water pump impeller installed recently ?

Stop----I would say your motor is a 1990 model and not a 1999 !!-------What pitch is the prop ??-----Perhaps you need a lower pitch prop.------Post your compression values.------New water pump impeller installed recently ?

Stop----I would say your motor is a 1990 model and not a 1999 !!-------What pitch is the prop ??-----Perhaps you need a lower pitch prop.------Post your compression values.------New water pump impeller installed recently ?

it has a 13p aluminum prop. It doesn’t want to get on plane with a full hunt load (2 guys, gear, dog). The motor was recently serviced before I bought it from a marine shop. Compression is is 120 across the board.

When you have a full load in your boat use an 11" pitch prop on your 1990 model 25 Evinrude.-----If it is still sluggish try a 9" pitch.

When you have a full load in your boat use an 11" pitch prop on your 1990 model 25 Evinrude.-----If it is still sluggish try a 9" pitch.

would that help with overall speed or would that just help plane out? I would like to in a perfect world be able to do both. When it’s just me and dog it’s fine and I’m getting about 25mph. I would like to be able to get 30-32 mph if at all possible. Why I was thinking putting 35 or 40hp carbs on it.

The gasket between the carburetor and manifold is the same for many 2 cylinder 40 /50 HP and 3 cylinder 70 HP models.---From the early 1980's to 2000 models.---- --Same gasket as your 1990 25 HP.------So I would say the possibilities are endless.----Do your research as to whether it will help your lack of performance with big load.

Back