Logo

1999 Johnson 115 Vapor Pump and Primer Solenoid Issues

captainjeff

Hey everyone... I took apart my fuel bracket to replace a leaking seal on the vapor separator. Since I had it apart I went to rebuild my vapor pump and noticed that there is a aluminum coin type part inside. Mine is pretty beat up but I don't see a replacement on the parts diagrams. (see pics) Does anyone know where I can get a replacement piece for this? I rather not buy a new vapor pump for $140+ for a simple part like that. Or can I run with this part?
IMG_3574.jpg

Also, I bought a rebuild kit for the primer solenoid... red lever, cap and gasket. It looks like the solenoid has been leaking a bit and the top edge of the solenoid has a slight bulge in the plastic (see pics). I tested the resistance on the solenoid and it is 4.5, within the 4-7 ohm spec. Do you think the solenoid is okay to run after I replace the cap and gasket? Thanks!
IMG_3576.JPGIMG_3577.JPG

Make a disc and press it in.----Or find an old pump that the disc is intact.------That vapor seperator was used as a fuel pump for nearly 30 years on many small motors !!

Back