Logo

1999 57L A3

eyeman

"We're considering purchas

"We're considering purchasing a 2655 Bayliner. Anybody know if it's carbed or injected? Anything else we should know about the engine/drive? 300 fresh water trailered hours, it fired up and sea trialed perfectly."

Ask the seller. Check the eng

Ask the seller. Check the engine and outdrive oils for water; oils will be milky or OD can be marbled for a slight leak.

"Seller doesn't know, her

"Seller doesn't know, her husband pasted away recently and the broker is 200 miles away. It sounds like it could be either? It's a 5.7L, 250hp, Thunderbolt 5 ignition. Any idea? No water in the oils. What is "marbled?" The OD looks perfect, though the skag has been brush painted. No mercathode system, but OD appears perfect. New zincs in box ready for installation."

"guessing its a carb maybe TKS

"guessing its a carb maybe TKS, my 5.0MPI is making 260 hp(305).I am also guessing its a cruiser? case like that might not be a bad idea to get a survey done then you will know exactly what your getting into before buying.
just my opinion."

"i don't think the 305 is

"i don't think the 305 is making 260 hp i think it makes 220 hp.

I think that 1999 is a carb. making 260 hp, and if it is fi then maybe anywhere up to 300-310 tops."

"marbled" oil occurs w

"marbled" oil occurs when there is a small leak. When draining the oil there will be a light colored streak in the oil as it drains out.

"[b]"1999 5.7L A3
Anybod

""1999 5.7L A3
Anybody know if it's carbed or injected? Anything else we should know about the engine/drive?"

Ayuh,... I'm still trying to figure out what the 'ell a 1999 <u>A3</u> is,..??

Pretty hard to tell ya about a drive when it Can't be identified....
A might mean an Alpha, but there ain't no Alpha 3s....
The 3 would lead me to think Bravo, but again, the A says it Ain't...."

Back