Logo

1999 4.3gl temperature sensor help

FredCombs

Hello all. Trying to troubleshoot my 1999 4.3gl temperature gauge issue (VDO gauge cluster) and i THINK I have found the temperature sensor. There is not one on the thermostat housing but there is what looks like one on the intake manifold basically under the hoses coming from the thermostat. The problem is there is no wire attached. In my research i know I am looking for a tan wire. Where should I be looking for that wire or a starting point of where I can start tracing to find out if it’s hanging loose somewhere? It is stumping me on why there is no wire attached unless it is in another location? Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide

Hello all. Trying to troubleshoot my 1999 4.3gl temperature gauge issue (VDO gauge cluster) and i THINK I have found the temperature sensor. There is not one on the thermostat housing but there is what looks like one on the intake manifold basically under the hoses coming from the thermostat. The problem is there is no wire attached. In my research i know I am looking for a tan wire. Where should I be looking for that wire or a starting point of where I can start tracing to find out if it’s hanging loose somewhere? It is stumping me on why there is no wire attached unless it is in another location? Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide

It helps when posting to this forum if you indicate if the problem you have is new ( you personally have seen it work before) or it's a preexisting ( for as long as you've owned the boat) condition.

I feel foolish even adding this but after I removed the hoses, the wire is connected to the sender. Darn thing had black insulation on it and blended right in with everything. ����*♂️����*♂️����*♂️

Thanks for the update. You would be surprised at how many folks post to the forum asking for help, get a response and never post back!

Back