Logo

1999 125 1.9 litre, 125422vd, second pair of cylinders not firing

Thank you Flyingscott,
Some I'm going to assume that the check valves located where the transfer port area is on the starboard side would be is just a shot of oil mix to the piston skirts during idling?

Thank you Flyingscott,
Some I'm going to assume that the check valves located where the transfer port area is on the starboard side would be is just a shot of oil mix to the piston skirts during idling?
No those are the accelerator pump lines they inject into the transfer port. The bottom carbs have teensy little idle circuits to provide lube to the bottom pistons. If you injected the mix at the transfer port you would miss the crank bearings.

With that I am out. the OPs motor needs more work and attention than can be found on the internet.

Last edited:
I didn't test it in neutral. You saw the video.
Doesn't matter, on muffs in gear is the same as neutral!! And for the last time find a GOOD Mechanic or a different motor. I am out I cannot help you somebody needs to physically look at that motor.

Last edited:
why would the motor go deat at 2000 rpms whether in nerutral, in gear or under load by pulling just one plug wire.. Why if it idles on the 1-2 cylinders in neutral or gear up to 2000 would it go dead while I pull 3 or 4. U saw the video.

YOU NEED SOMEBODY PHYSICALLY THERE TO LOOK AT IT!!!!!!!!!! A GOOD MECHANIC FOR THE LAST TIME!!!!!! I am done I cannot fix your motor or help you. Good luck with your motor

Last edited:
I'm looking at the bottom carb and cylinder #2 carb and if you pull top plate off you will see some ports are different sizes or not drilled at all. Just putting in a low speed needle won't work. The throttle linkage is different also. Does anyone know if there is a marine performance shop that know which ports need to be changed?

I was also thinking buying a used 90 hp 3 carb setup and using top and bottom carb because of linkage but the wme 1 xk is my bigger question.
My carb #3301-824894 c

1 stator, 4 CDMs,engine transfers from 2 to 4 cylinders in the 1800-2200 RPM range, not when shifting into gear. Sounds like fuel system needs attention, carbs ,fuel pump diaphragm, accelerator pump, and fuel lines for degrading internally....
I have replaced everything but the accelerate pump could that be way that won't kick in when throttling up ??? I am in need of a good 2 storke mechanic in Gainesville FL.

Back