Logo

1998 EVINRUDE 50 Interchangeable Lower Units

YoungMan

I have a 1998 Evinrude 50 with a crack in the lower unit housing. I have been told Johnson/Evinrude are the same brand. What other year models and makes will also have the same lower units? I was in another forum where a guy said that the 50/60/70HP models between 1989-2001 will be the same lower unit housing. Then when I looked at the part number for the lower unit housing on this website it said the 35-50HP models between 1992-2005 all have the same lower units I am looking to replace. Need help figuring out what info to go off of.

Step #1 is to post your model #----And is it a 2 or 3 cylinder motor ???----Need facts to be able to give you the correct information.

Model number is E50TSLECC
2 Cylinder
I believe it is a short shaft. I am not at home to go and measure it. What is the difference between the short and long shaft? 15"? 20"?
I attached a photo of the motor and manufacturer tag.

IMG_4150.jpeg

IMG_1453.jpg

It is a long shaft.----Only a lower unit from a 1993 and newer 2 cylinder will fit !!----That is a 40 / 48 / 50 HP model .-----And 3 cylinder model 50 / 60 /70 HP from 1998 to 2001 will not fit.----Repeat 3 cylinder lower units do not fit !!

It is a long shaft.----Only a lower unit from a 1993 and newer 2 cylinder will fit !!----That is a 40 / 48 / 50 HP model .-----And 3 cylinder model 50 / 60 /70 HP from 1998 to 2001 will not fit.----Repeat 3 cylinder lower units do not fit !!
Thank you very much for your help. I am still on the hunt for a motor/lower unit that fits those specs (without having to give an arm and leg for it)
I’m trying to look on Facebook Marketplace in my area.

These lower units are NOT robust.-----There is a high demand for them----Sold one of them already this season.----Sold a few other lower units too.----Folks hit rocks.----Forget to keep water out of lower units.----If in Canada----evinrudeparts.ca----might offer help.

Back