Logo

1998 Evenrude intruder 150

Krumphi123

Motor starts and idles fine but when I try to plane out it acts like it is running out of gas. I have changed everything in the fuel system connected an auxiliary tank. Rebuilt the carbs. My question is the compression. The top 4 are 100 bottom 2, 95 is this enough compression for the engine to run good . Thanks for any suggestions

Futher diagnosis, the 2 center cylinders are not hitting. On the port side I swapped carbs, Plugs. Coils with wires. The center cylinder still misses it's getting good spark, fuel and has 100psi compression. The cylinder straight across middle cylinder stabbard side is not hitting either. I thought it might be the wire that fires the coil got crossed so I tried different plug wires on different plugs no change. I believe I'm missing something simple but just can't put my finger on it. Is there any way it can have a blowed head gasket and still have compression? Does any one have any suggestions.

No head gasket ..only o-ring which I have never see or heard of being blown. Have seen some cooked but usually all of them

Back