Logo

1997 25 2-cycle new impeller and no water circulation

Evinrude25

Motor ran well a year ago.
This spring I hooked up a water hose to test it in the driveway, NO water flow at all,

Ordered and installed a ORM water pump rebuild kit. With all new parts the motor runs just like it did before I installed new parts (no water flow at all).

Iif a thermostat is obstructed or stuck in a closed position, will it cut off all flow???????

SYMPTOMS NOW: While on a water hose with a “fake-a-lake”, with the old impeller or a new impeller I get ZERO water flow out the exhaust ejection on the shaft or telltale hose. Telltale hose is not clogged, i can blow air in, and I back flowed it with water, and after that I got a bit of spray out the ejection port on the shaft. Motor has never overheated and shut down, it starts and runs great, just no water flow,

HELP !!!

Have you checked the supply plate where the water cup is for obstructions ?? It might not be getting to the pump maybe?? just a thought I'm no expert. where i am those pescky little white and black wasp get in everything I have to put tire valve covers over my air tool inlets lol

Back