Logo

1997 150 hp Yamaha oil lines

K

Ken Kapp

" I pulled the old powerhead a

" I pulled the old powerhead and put on the new/rebuilt one. Everything swapped out great except the new one has doubled oil line fittings. Instead of a fitting coming out of the block with a single tube to put on the oil line, it has two of the small tubes extending out in opposite directions from some of the fittings. I numbered each line as I disassembled it, but this has me concerned. I now have more places to put lines/hoses than I have hoses/lines.

Also I ordered 6 carburetor rebuild kits at $45 each. I now think that since each carb is a double and serves 2 cylinders, that I may need only 3 kits. They haven't been shipped yet and I can still change my order if I need just 3. I didn't buy the kits from our local dealer because of the power pack that he sold me and didn't take back when we discovered the problem was a rod through the block. I want to thank everyone who has responded and helped or I wouldn't have gotten this far and a special thanks to Tony.

Best regards,
Ken "

How could you or a dealer mis

How could you or a dealer miss a rod thru the block?. The motor has 3 carburetors so you only need three kits.Get in touch with a good dealer as far as the oil lines.

" Sparky,

See post 150 hp Y

" Sparky,

See post 150 hp Yamaha with Major Problems. Circa 10-27-2002.

Tony,
I have solved the problem as the machine shop sent me the wrong block. The reason for the extra oil fittings is the difference between the vertical reed valves vs. the horizontal ones. It was unfortunate that I had installed the powerhead up the the point of the rebuilt carbs before I pulled the paper cover off the manifold and saw the difference. I had ordered the vertical ones and it is stated so on my order, but the horizontal configuration is what was sent out. The shop had already found this out as a dealer over there is anxious to trade. By the way every bolt came out with no problems at all. Thanks again for your help and best regards,
Ken "

Back