Logo

1997 115 Johnson VRO outboard 4 cylinder carbs full of oil

chazdo2

Both carbs were full of oil. The pontoon boats gas tank has a check valve going into the stem that goes in the tank. Works but why do I need it when I have a squeeze bulb? I siphoned the tank with the check valve out and it siphoned quickly so I guess I can assume any inline in the tank filter cant be plugged. The gas lines need replacing they are hard and missing clamps. When I do all that and hook up the VRO should be ok right? If not run Pre Mix by pass VRO?

The VRO oil tank could be building up pressure in it causing the oil in the carbs. Could be a bad oil tank cap.

Enine sat for 9 months. I live near Syracuse New York so we have a short season! I replaced the bad bulb and all the gas lines and fittings. Cleaned the oil pump and mixed 5 gallons of 90 / 1 pre mix. Took it for a ride and ran great!!! Hoping that maybe the air leaks and not getting enough gas to the pump was the problem.

Without changing that oil cap you may have the same problem the next time it sits. Try it and see what happens. Your choice.

Back