Logo

1996 yamaha 200 2 stroke

blow hole

Hopefully someone can help I am not very good with computers and have tried to search the site for a solution but cant find anything . The problem is it wont rev up powerhead oil is full and removed sensor and it has continuity at the full position and bottom position ...not in the mid position the over ride manual pump toggle switch does nothing but switch is good if I manually power the pump it delivers oil to powerhead tank and the remote tank ...boat oil tank sensor tests good the tachometer also does not work . I have had many yamaha 2 strokes over the years and find them to be pretty bullet proof and always do my own sevice but this one has me stumped . Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated thanks . Oh ya its not over heating and there doesnt seem to be an buzzer and all 3 warning lights are flashing

Last edited:
Is the buzzer known to work?

Three lights flashing (usually with the buzzer) usually means a low voltage situation. Poor wiring, bad connections etc.

What is the damn model of the motor?

Its a 1996 yamaha 200 txrp 6G6UL759662 and there is no buzzer to be found boat ia a 1991 grady tournament 22 first one I ever saw without a buzzer also has a single diode oil light next to key witch I might have cooked trying to test it with 12v checked every wire from motor to dash for continuity and have replaced the cdi box and no change.

The buzzer is either in the control box (external side mount) or in the key switch panel (top mount box).

Does the boat have a non Yamaha control box or key switch panel?

Back