Logo

1996 Mercury 200 EFI injectors not working

ashrod

I bought a boat, it ran fine for the test drive, got it home and took it out for the first run. Cranked fine, after i got out of no wake zone i give it enough throttle to stand the front of the boat up, but I didnt give it enough to get up on plane. Forgot i didnt put my life jacket on so I backed it down to idle and it went dead, tried to crank it, it tried to fire off for a split second and then just turning over, so I got it in and back home, found out the electric fuel pump was not working and getting fuel to the evaporator, so I put new pump on, now I am getting fuel through all the way to the injectors, but its like they are not opening up on any of the 6 cylinders to get fuel in motor. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i need to do next??? get computer diagnostics ran for $50, pull ECM off and get fuel rail and injectors off and see if they are stopped up, check injectors for polarity??? I know its a little bit of a headache to get fuel rail and injectors out, so should I just get diagnostics ran first???

Thanks!!!

I am not 100% sure but I bet there is a relay that operates the (if it's electric) fuel pump. Sorry; new to outboards.

Back