Logo

1995 maxum 2000 sr

just bought the boat and had on the water once for three hours. I got 10 gallons prior to the trip and the gauge never moved.It reads almost full with the ignition on. It did not move when filling. After three hours of light cruising (getting to know the boat), the gauge never moved. The gauge goes beyond empty when power goes off and just under full when powered up by the key ignition. It was said to have worked but fear makes me question it. Any tips on confirming the gauge , wiring and sending unit is working ?

just bought the boat and had on the water once for three hours. I got 10 gallons prior to the trip and the gauge never moved.It reads almost full with the ignition on. It did not move when filling. After three hours of light cruising (getting to know the boat), the gauge never moved. The gauge goes beyond empty when power goes off and just under full when powered up by the key ignition. It was said to have worked but fear makes me question it. Any tips on confirming the gauge , wiring and sending unit is working ?
1995 maxum 2000 sr: 5.0L 2barrel alpha one gen 2

Ayuh,.... Follow the fuel lines to the tank,.... The sender shows varying resistance to ground,....

Back