Logo

1995 Evinrude Ocean Pro 150 bogging/power loss after 30 min of running

tc80211

Hey Guys,

New to the forum and didn't see this specific issue when searching. I have a 1995 Evinrude Ocean Pro "Looper" 150. Used to run very strong with no issue, then it sat for 4 years.

Prior to running it I did the following:
* Sea foam, quite a bit
* new fuel lines from fuel filter to engine.
* new fuel filter and water separator
* new primer bulb
* 2-stroke oil is filled up and good to go

The engine starts after just a few choke presses on the electric key choke. Idle is strong and consistent.
After proper amount of warm up time I can take out and have full throttle range (up to 5000 rpm ish). After about 30 min of running well I am typically running out on plane at 3500 rpm and the engine begins to bog down. Sometimes slowly and sometimes it bogs down to idle or gives very fluctuating RPMs. I will drop it down to idle and then I can put throttle completely up and it won't hardly go (I'm talking serious plowing at barely 1500rpm).

After some more time I can try again and it will come back to life! Except my max RPM is around 3-3500 RPM. If I press the electric choke in I get full throttle and full RPM. Sometimes it will give me back full throttle without choking and sometimes it will do the bog all the way down to idle.

I have checked the following to trying to diagnose this:
* Took apart VRO pump and diaphragms look great as well as the other internals.
* vent to gas tank also looks clear and def lets gas out if i over fill tank with gas
* Cleaned both low and high speed jets and verified that carbs are opening correctly with throttle

What am I missing? Because the wall I have been banging my head is about to break through :)

Back