Logo

1995 Evinrude 150 hp Ocean Pro

kwhick

My engine will start great and ran great all last year, This year I had to replace fuel bulb before first use 1st time out engine ran great, 2nd time out engine fired and ran at lower rpms fine when throttling up at about 3500 rpms engine died. When trying to restart engine wouldn't fire. let sit about 10 min and restarted engine, ran fine rest of day at all rpms. Have had same problem since 1st start when throttling up motor died, sometimes would fire right up, sometime would have to wait 5 mins seem not to have to wait when I trim engine all the way up in hauling position. Replaced fuel bulb again along with fuel hose from tank to bulb and bulb to engine. Took boat out again and it seemed to be worse took four restarts before engine ran fine. Checked plugs today they seemed fine, notice a small fuel leak in one of the float assembly bowls on bottom right carb just a drip. small drip leak on left side only when running, plan on fixing. Fired engine while hooked to water hose died at around 3500 rpms fired after 5 min wait noticed fuel bulb would soften after trying to restart. Could the two small fuel leaks cause this. Also after re-firing while hooked to water hose noticed a lot of smoke at first like a lot of excess oil was in firing chambers. Thanks in advance.

Back