Logo

1995 Crestliner 1750 Sportfish ignition problem

CrestBoat

Gentleman; I am looking for a new ignition switch for my 1995 Crestliner 1750 Sportfish boat with a Evinrude 88 Special motor. The model number of the engine is E88TSLEOC and serial number is G 03781976. I had a problem this weekend with the ignition switch not able to turn off while the engine was running, none of the other switches working while it was stuck in the 'on' position, all of the gauges quit working while it was in the 'on' position, and a little later while I was making a beeline for the boat ramp the engine just quit completely. After a few seconds I turned the switch back to the 'off' position and it operated normally. I turned it over and it started up like normal. The only thing is that my livewell/baitwell switch quit working after the incident. All of the other gauges/switches are working like normal. I am assuming I am having an electrical problem due to the ignition switch not working normal. I have never touched the ignition switch since I had the boat for over 20 years. Any ideas...

Back