Logo

1995 70hp Johnson. Electrical issue? Tilt trim and turning on and off problems.

bmfaubert

I have a 1995 70hp Johnson on my 1995 sea nymph side console boat. My tilt trim has stopped working so the motor is stuck in one position right now, and also the other day when I had it out the motor would not shut off when turning the key off and also did not shut off when pulling my emergency cord for the automatic shutoff/kill switch so I had to pull off the gas line for the motor to shutoff. And right now I tried to start the motor up again and nothing happened when I turned the key. I checked the 3 fuses underneath the console of the boat and they are all good. I checked the fuse that's on the one wire by my battery and it's good too. My bilge pumps still turn on so I'm thinking it's something wrong with the wires somewhere? I did a visual check on as much of the wiring as I could see and nothing seems visually wrong. I'm hoping somebody on here can help me pinpoint the area of the problem. I am not good with wiring so if I can't figure out what's wrong on here then I will have to take it somewhere unfortunately. I'm hoping to not have to spend lots of $$$ to get it fixed.
Thanks for reading and if you respond I will respond back as soon as I can as Well.

Did you check the fuse inside the engine? Did you reinstall the emergency cord before trying to start again? Look at older posts here for trouble shooting the tilt trim motor.

Back