Logo

1995 40hp evinrude tilttrim goes down but not up

96chevs10

the tilt/trim goes down but no

the tilt/trim goes down but not up. used to go up every once and a while if i pressed the button a lot. but now it doesn't go up at all. and it cant be the swith because theres one on the motor and on the throttle and niether work. i also replace the relays in the engine and that did not fix the problem.

please any advise would help. thanks!

remove the cover and check for

remove the cover and check for power at the rubber connector near the switch in the cowl.
you could also try switching the leads around there and see if down moves it up

there is power to the swith. a

there is power to the swith. and i switched the leads and yes the motor moves up now but not down.

any other suggestions?

"well it cant really be the sw

"well it cant really be the switch because there are 2 of them, one on the motor and one by the throttle they both do the same thing. its got to be somthing with the wiring but i checked everything.

model number is E40TLE0D evinrude 40hp"

I think you might have two pro

I think you might have two problem a bad switch at the motor and either second bad switch or a wire problem.
by switching the wires around on the switch at the motor and having the problem follow the switch indicated good wires bad switch your other issue is I believe unrelated because the front switch dose not run threw the motor switch.

Back