Logo

1994 Sport Jet 90 Stator Replacement (Need Help)

AlanB

I have a 1994 Sport Jet 90 that I am replacing the Stator on. Here's my situation with wiring.

Original Black Stator has: two yellows, black, blue and red

New Red Stator has: two yellows, green, green/white it comes with a Stator adaptor that has a green and green/white on one end and a blue and blue/white on the other end.

I understand that the green goes to the green and the green/white goes to the green/white, where do the blue and blue/white go? There is a red and blue that comes off of the Control Box.

Also, there are no arrows on the new Stator to indicate how to mount. Do I pair it up to the Black Stator and use the same mounting holes as the Black Stator?

Thanks for any help!

Pair the mounting holes up and the blue and blue/whitego to them labeled switchbox termnials. You will not use the red and red/wht terminals....

The engine has a control box on it, the brown,white,violet,white/black go to the trigger and the blue and red went to the old black Stator.

Which stator part number did you order as if you have the 9 amp original the replacement is a 16amp and you will need a voltage regulator

Which stator part number did you order as if you have the 9 amp original the replacement is a 16amp and you will need a voltage regulator

I spoke to Sierra and gave them my engine serial number and they told me that I needed Part #18-5874 for the stator and 18-5743 for the voltage regulator.

Back