Logo

1994 Force 90hp Missing

Hey Guys
Been a while since my last post. Anyway The Force is giving me fits. It runs fine until you go to WOT. It then starts missing & won't stop for a while even after you back off from it. As long as you don't go to WOT you can run all day & it won't miss a beat. It also is getting hard to start & you used to couldn't get your hand off the key quick enough. all the electricals were replaced with CDI stuff 2 years ago when I bought it from a dealer who probably didn't make a dime on it after all was said & done. Graham may remember this one!:D I replaced the plugs & poured seafoam in the tanks with no change. Carbs were rebuilt when i got it. motor is nice & clean under the hood. Just can't figure out where this miss came from. There it is, Suggestions or solutions? Let's hear 'em. Thanks, Scotty:eek:

Re: 1994 Force 90 Missing

Do a compression/spark test.Check the gas for water.Ethanol is messing up a lot of motors.It's delaminating the inside of older hoses causing clogs in the carbs and fuel filter.Check for soft hoses and junk in the filter on the motor.Check the diaphram J

Just last week i had the same problem.I thought that the problem was with the mixture,and fuel system,when the whole time it was just poor ground connections,especially those for the coils.You must clean them very well.Remember,the better the connection,the more power can pass.Good luck.

Last edited:

Just last week i had the same problem.I thought that the problem was with the mixture,and fuel system,when the whole time it was just poor ground connections,especially those for the coils.You must clean them very well.Remember,the better the connection,the more power can pass.Good luck.

Thanks, Haven't checked for good grounding, Thats about the only thing that hasn't been done!

Back