Logo

1994 70 hp johnson

Jamesv

Starts great idles great until it warms up When it comes off fast start loose spark on #2 then shuts off starts right back up but shuts off seen a post from faztbullet that sounds like my problem Any help will be appreciated

Sounds like a bad power pack to me.
Thanks Boobie I have changed power pack and moved coil from two to one no change Same as old power pack when it warms up enough to comes off fast idle I loose #2 Take it home next day starts and runs great until it warms up Thanks for your help

Run with a timing light on #2 and see when spark fails.------Do ohm test on sensor coils ( no need to remove flywheel ) for that.-----Check all pins in rubber plug in boots.-----Do a compression test for today and future reference.------Does tell tale hose come off the side of the block ?----Or has it been moved to to the top as per service bulletin from 1994.

Run with a timing light on #2 and see when spark fails.------Do ohm test on sensor coils ( no need to remove flywheel ) for that.-----Check all pins in rubber plug in boots.-----Do a compression test for today and future reference.------Does tell tale hose come off the side of the block ?----Or has it been moved to to the top as per service bulletin from 1994.
Thanks recerone Run with timing light and as soon as it comes off fast start that is when I loose #2 can take to lake idle out about one hundred yards no problem Throttle down gets up great runs out good then slow down break plane or stop and fish start back up no spark on #2 Have to get a new electrical meter so I can check the rest Thank your Tell tale is on top

Last edited:
Back