Logo

1993 Mariner 200hp Offshore

Wilson2024

I have this 1993, 200 hp outboard, which came with the boat that I purchased. The person said it was heating up, so I don’t know what’s wrong with the head. No cracks no leaks. Is there an advance head I could put on this lower unit. It is a two-stroke, but I would like it to be fuel injection instead of carburetors, and if it’s able to be converted into a four stroke, I would like it to be willing the 200 225 hp. The last owner said the motor was a 1998 but according to this serial number is a 1993. If anyone could help me out I really appreciate it. Thank you very much.

Better off to buy a motor with the features you want.----Your ideas will not work without spending a truck load of money.

Blunt statement.-----You need to review how engines work.---And review the basic concepts of 2 stroke and 4 stroke design.

Blunt statement.-----You need to review how engines work.---And review the basic concepts of 2 stroke and 4 stroke design.
Thank you. I know is a 30 year motor and I think I will be better off getting a 4 stroke 200 hp with less years of use. Something reliable because the last thing I want is to be broke down in the ocean 15-20 miles out.

Back