Logo

1993 johnson 225 hp

lias

Contributing Member
I have problem with my tachometer it did not work. The motor send 16v of energe. What may be the problem. Thankyou: Mad:

If your motor is charging the battery then it could be loose/dirty connections of the gray wire at the motor or the tach. If your getting a signal at the tach then it may be faulty. Good luck. Others should chime in with other faults.

From what I've read a momentary touch of the battery terminals with the opposite power (like hooking up a battery charger incorrectly and turning it on) is enough to toast the voltage regulator which is what sends the tachometer the signal for RPM. I had the same issue with my 90 Evinrude 120 and after I swapped the voltage reg. the problem disappeared.

If I think it is the regulator, I did a test, connect you the tachometer wire cable yellow of the stator and the tachometer get to 5000 and stayed there stood and asta which do not turn off the engine and remove the key did not move of there, and me charging 16v thanks when you change regulator let them know

Back