Logo

1993 evinrude 150hp rough idling

rickyblanc

I bought this 1993 evinrude 150hp motor a few weeks ago on craigslist, don't know much on the history of this motor but since i got it
i can't get a good day running (not surprise ). This motor can't seem to idle smooth,sound like its mis firing or skipping and lost power at wot.This is what i did on the motor so far.
I rebuild all six carburetor,change fuel line and filter, did a decab with seafoam, change all six spark plug, did a compression 80psi, did*
a spark plug test all is well there, after all of this it still idle rough. Any help will be appreciated.

A proper spark on those motors will jump a gap of 7/16" with a snap you can hear.-------Report the results of the testing.-----A sheared flywheel key can throw the ignition timing out, might be worth checking.-----You can remove bypass covers ( costs a 99 cent gasket ) in order to look at pistons and rings.----Run it at full throttle out on the lake and look into the 6 bores with a strong flashlight. compare the amount of fuel coming up the main jets.----Testing and trouble shooting is the path forward !

Back