Logo

1992 johnson not running top speed

Taylorsville

1992 25HP Johnson model# J25RLEND

The problem I am having is that it takes a long time to get to full speed and after I make a quick turn or hit a big wave it bogs down and I have to reset the throttle and start over. When it is on top speed I am running about 22 mph witch I think is good for pushing 14 foot aluminum and 2 *****s. It also takes time to get on a plane. If you need more info I will post sorry I am new to this.

First thing is a compression test and more history on the motor ----------New to you motor ??----------Did it start doing this slowly or all of a sudden one day???.-------------Pitch of the prop is ???

the motor is new to me i got it for 300$ from some guy about 6 months ago. I have gone though the carb ( but i could have missed something) replaced the spark plugs, gear lube water pump housing and impeller. The pitch of the prop i have no idea?? i will look into that. how would i check compression ?what would it cost me to fix if that’s the problem. This is a problem every time I go out on the water.

Back