Logo

1992 90hp rectifier

Jay1234

Regular Contributor
Hey all,

I picked up a 1992 90hp, J90TLEND, and have a bad rectifier. It is the top mounted water cooled unit. However, when I search for the part on this site it shows it has a 9 amp stator and only lists a regular rectifier as the replacement. Is it ok to mount a regular regulator/rectifier instead of using the water cooled? Everything I read shows the water cooled pairs with a 35 amp stator.

Thanks in advance.

PS sorry if this posts twice, I got logged out somehow last time I posted.

Is there a chance you could send me the correct part number? When I look it up on this site it lists 0582399.
Or if it's only a 10 amp am I ok using a different rectifier?
Thanks again

I used my model number and entered it into the box on this very site. Maybe there's a thoroughness issue with Marineengines parts search. Thanks for the condescending replies as we've all come to expect from you.

Is there a chance you could send me the correct part number? When I look it up on this site it lists 0582399.
Or if it's only a 10 amp am I ok using a different rectifier?
Thanks again

You are looking at the wrong part . That is the three wire rectifier for 88 hp models

You need the water cooled rectifier/ regulator # 69 on the parts diagram:- http://www.marineengine.com/parts/j...&manufacturer=Johnson&section=Ignition+System

( the three wire rectifier is #66)

:confused:

Last edited:
Sorry-----Jay----You are making the mistakes !----When I went to school they deducted marks when you made mistakes.-----Today it seems folks are offended when told they are wrong !!

Last edited:
That post is relevant how...? No one cares about anything that occurred when you went to school... People come here with questions about their boats. If you can't refrain from constantly trying to prove yourself then why don't you simply ignore the damn posts you feel the need to respond in this manner to.

Last edited:
Back