Logo

1992 70 HP Johnson power trim

No idea what you're talking about. Do you have pics/videos you can add?
Thanks for your response Oldsaltydog. While lowering the motor when the swivel bracket meets the stern brackets it forces it's way into them and seems to put a strain on the power trim the same thing happens when raising the motor. The power trim seems to be straining a bit to lift the motor out of the stern brackets once the swivel bracket clears the stern brackets it's easy going. Maybe this is normal to help keep the motor in place while running.

When the motor comes down with the TILT cylinder is is fast.-----When it contact the trim cylinders is operates a lot slower.----That is just how this hydraulic system behaves.----Post a picture of where YOU think it is rubbing.-----If brackets are rubbing you have major alignment issues.

When the motor comes down with the TILT cylinder is is fast.-----When it contact the trim cylinders is operates a lot slower.----That is just how this hydraulic system behaves.----Post a picture of where YOU think it is rubbing.-----If brackets are rubbing you have major alignment issues.
Thanks I will get photos

Sounds normal to me.
You are correct it is normal. And you are right that I'm doing pretty well on my own for a kid who is just learning. On a different matter: Compression values, top 110 center 100 bottom 100. all new plugs good spark. I got the motor to run but only after it is choked and it will only run for a few seconds on the choke fuel then it stalls. What would be your first diagnostic go to?
Thank you

Back