Logo

1991 35hp Lower/waterpump

Scolabird

Alright... I have replace waterpump kit numerous times over the years yet this time upon completion it barely pushes water? I ran wire thru orfices and taken the hose off all together and cleaned out where it goes into motor... still minimal water flow? Water isnt overly hot out telltale?? Kit was installed dry per manufactured recs as I have done in past... any ideas? Lastly,
I had some trouble laying on ground trying to reattach the finished L.U. back up and l ik ne everything up... after 20 minutes it finally all slipped together as it should and I bolted it shut. A short while later I noticed what appears to be L.H oil leaking out of the screen area and down the skeg? Could i have possibly damaged something putting the L.U. back on? I dont recall any seals or bushings etc. That I could have disturbed, but suddenly the screen is leaking gear oil? Lastly, assuming I have to pull lower and bearing carrier to replace all lower seals can any1 tell me what size length bolts and what threads to affix bearing removal tool into the two holes?
Any help is gr8ly appreciated thanks!
J.S.

Model # of your motor ?-----Water out the tell tale does not go through the block.-----It should only be luke warm.-----Was copper tube installed into the exhaust housing first ?

Model # of your motor ?-----Water out the tell tale does not go through the block.-----It should only be luke warm.-----Was copper tube installed into the exhaust housing first ?

Sorry for my ignorance boss but I'm not certain?
I normally left tube in foot when I pulled it all as 1 piece? This time theres a chance between me and my brothers/wife/kids that we tried the other order of operations... would that/should that cause trouble with it peeing?
Lastly I wont b back at motor for days but trying to get the hardware I need to fix before making the long roadtrip back from store to motor... is there a typical thread and length used for the 25hp 35hp bearing puller???
Thanks a million

Model number ??----The copper water pipe must be installed in the proper place in the exhaust housing BEFORE you install the lower unit.

Last edited:
Model number ??----The copper water pipe must be installed in the proper place in the exhaust housing BEFORE you install the lower unit.

Ok awesome thanks for the heads up!
Regarding the model #, since I dont have it, is there a resource you could screenshot regarding the proper bolt size for bearing puller? Or could you tell me all the possible bolt sizes/threads that were used for this application on OMC 35hp model engines and I can buy all of them? Do you have such information?
Thanks,
JS

Back