Logo

1991 35hp force trim signal help

The trim wire IF it's there is usually taped back from the harness under the dash.

Where did the trim sender come from? Was it there from the factory?
Can you post a pic?(you need to have 5 posts before you can post)
The reason I ask is you don't see many if any on Forces.

The trim wire IF it's there is usually taped back from the harness under the dash.

Where did the trim sender come from? Was it there from the factory?
Can you post a pic?(you need to have 5 posts before you can post)
The reason I ask is you don't see many if any on Forces.

i don't think i have a sender on my motor is there any way to add one and of what brand/kind would work for application trim tilt motor is off to side

m6ujhqnLZKUIbrahuyaSEwA.jpg
looks like this for example it is for a boat boat that the whole boat has been made custom so not afraid of altering parts

I don't think they made one for that motor.
IF?? you have the right transom clamps you might be able to adapt a Mercury sender to it.
But I'm thinking it's not gonna happen.
Anything after 94 you might get lucky.

Do you really need one,its just a luxury item,looking at motor will give a relatively good idea where trim is along with a good ear and a working tach.

Johnnygir is right.
My motors never had a gauge and I learned where to set it just from operating.
Now if you really want it.
You can get a jack plate and some of them have trim senders.
But I think they start at $3-400

i have a jack plate on my motor i want the trim gauge working cause its already hooked into my dash and there is a hole cut for the gauge so really no turning back ,and another thing i was going to ask is where does the tach sender wire hook up to the rectifier? because i got this motor from someone and i hooked into the tach wire of the wiring block in the motor and my tach does not work

Back