Logo

1990 VJ200SLE GT200

Dallasdobbs1976

So I have been racking my brain with this motor. It has new stator, power pack, regulator, coil packs, spark plugs and wires. New rebuilt carbs with new bowls. It still will only run 7.5-8 mph on the water. How likely is it that my lower unit is bad? Would it cause this condition? It runs great on a hose and at idle in the water it will rev up to 6000 rpm with no problem. Any ideas?

Post the compression numbers.-----Does spark jump a gap of 3/8" on all leads.-----Checked the SHIFT SWITCH on the motor linkages ?-----Color of orange / striped wires from powerpack to coils correct.----Post what they are.--Exhaust housing blocked with a critter home ?

I’ll have to go back and look. I seen on a forum some had stated the striped wires were the middle two cylinders but maybe I’m wrong as to where my wires are located

Your motor is not working correctly.----Therefor you might be wrong.----What forum did you see that on?----Post some pictures of orange wires going to the coils.---List the colors of these wires going to each coil !

Back