Logo

1990 mercury V6 135 stator

135merc1990v6

Hello,
I have a 135 merc V6, I think it’s 1990. The flywheel let go of a magnet, the shattered magenta bits tore up a metal sheild over a pack on the stator. I’ve found a replacement flywheel but I don’t know if I need to replace the stator has the sheild part is ruined. See images, on imgur, sorry I couldn’t get them native here.

Would be great if anyone knows why the sheild does :)

Thanks faztbullet…
They are very hard to find remotely affordable here. On inspection it really only seems to be the little metal plate that got damaged. Just trying to find out what that part really does.

I might have a stator like that , but shipping halfway around the world could be a factor.---serial # of your motor ?

AHH ..you got the expensive one, only made 2 years. Best to find a later model V-6 and rob the stator and rectifiers off it

AHH ..you got the expensive one, only made 2 years. Best to find a later model V-6 and rob the stator and rectifiers off it
Thanks for the reply, but I’m not smart enough to under stand what you mean. Do you mean get a new engine or just use parts off another newer engine?
My stator still worked when the flywheel failed. The magnets just took that metal plate of one of the”packs” I’m really just wondering if I can replace only the flywheel and try it with the stator minus the plate or will that break stuff?
For the life of me I can’t figure out what that plate on the stator does.

Back