Logo

1990 Evinrude 115 Questions

jetboy12

I recently bought a 19' ba

I recently bought a 19' bay boat with a 1990 Evinrude 115 on it (no manual). I have some questions on the motor (the oil pump was disconnected early on). What's the max rpm ? Best spark plugs to run ? Any problems/concerns to look out for on this motor ? Any comments or opinions are appreciated. Thanks !

You need a manual. Recommend

You need a manual. Recommend the factory version. Try Ebay.

Disconnected oil-pump: Just us

Disconnected oil-pump: Just use 2% oil/gas mix in the tank
Spark plugs: Champion QL77JC4 ONLY!
Concerns: Thermostats/temp
RPM: 4500 (normally loaded boat.

Thanks for the Help ! I'll

Thanks for the Help ! I'll keep a look out for a manual and get some extra plugs. Also looks like I'm right in range on the RPM's too.

I have a late 1980 evinrude 11

I have a late 1980 evinrude 115 motor and need help to find the serial number so that I can identify the exact year so I can order parts. inherited the motor so i do not know what year it is. ANy help?

"Richard, I had a difficult ti

"Richard, I had a difficult time finding mine as well. It is located on the motor mount near where it attaches to the stern of the boat (left side of motor). It's a sticker with the serial number starting with E115..... as well as the motor ID number (this is also located on the head of the motor). Do a google search of "Evinrude outboard ID" to get the page that tells you what year, hp,type,etc the serial numbers mean. Hope this helps ! Mark"

Back